Gary Barton, CISSP, CISA, PMP, is a partner who brings nearly 17 years of experience in diversified Information Technology (IT) audit and consulting solutions. Gary joined Sikich through the 2022 acquisition of Cotton & Company, a sophisticated leading organization in the local, state and federal government space. His experience includes directing and participating in audits and assessments of general IT environments supporting financial reporting for public companies, not-for-profit organizations and the federal government.
Gary also possesses extensive expertise performing Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) audits, process improvement and reengineering projects, pre-implementation assessments, enterprise architecture audits, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) A-123 projects, and audit remediation consulting.
Originally from New York City, Gary has called Northern Virginia home since graduating from college. He and his wife have three sons. He enjoys spending time with his family, traveling and playing golf.
- Alexandria Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Mount Vernon Underground, Steering Committee Member
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), National Capitol Area Chapter Member
- International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. (ISC2), National Capitol Chapter Member
- Project Management Institute (PMI), Washington D.C. Chapter Member
- Master of Business Administration, The George Washington University
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, College of William and Mary
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)