Business Succession Planning
A way to run a business that maximizes enterprise value and provides a means to achieving an owner’s personal and financial goals.
VIABLE STRATEGIES FOR ACHIEVING THE GREATEST VALUE FROM YOUR BUSINESS
Business succession/exit planning provides a means to achieving your business and personal goals. It begins with the ‘big 4’ list of questions:
- Who will be your successor?
- How much do you need to retire?
- When do you hope to transition?
- What is next for you?
Succession planning is a delicate transition that requires strategic direction and tactical implementation. Our team of professionals has diverse expertise and considers each viable strategy for attaining the greatest value for your business. This unique combination of valuation, merger & acquisition*, wealth advisory**, estate planning and business and tax strategy experts will help answer important questions and create a successful, well-suited exit plan to complement your lifestyle.
The financial and personal investment you have in your business should be leveraged and protected to provide you with the legacy, peace of mind, and financial freedom you desire.
“Tasked with both our personal and business taxes, Sikich has been a valuable resource throughout our business life cycle—from developing a business succession plan for our children to takeover to researching international tax strategies for our global conglomerates. Sikich listened to our challenges and helped us to find thousands of dollars in tax savings. Even though they have the resources of a large firm, they provided the personalized focus of a small, local practice. Every time we have a new question, Sikich gives us the answers.” – Bob and Denise Mantz, Mantz Automation, Inc.
Overview of the Business Succession Plan Process
It’s imperative that business owners have an exit planning roadmap at every stage of the business lifecycle, to ensure maximized value and minimized taxes – for abundant financial freedom.
Sikich advisors will work with you throughout the entire succession planning process, and are able to:
- Review, assess, and make recommendations surrounding your comprehensive business and personal situation
- Determine how much your business is worth
- Determine how much you will need to retire, and create wealth, estate and retirement strategies, and implement plans to obtain financial freedom
- Create a value enhancement analysis – defining the advanced planning and timing needed to grow and capture maximum enterprise value
- Evaluate business transition options – exploring the pros and cons of various options, and determining the best option to meet your financial and non-financial goals
What’s in a Succession Plan?
How prepared are you to sell your business?
Find our how ready you are to sell your business, if and when it’s needed, by taking our short assessment quiz.
REQUEST AN ASSESSMENT
Fill out the form and our BSP team will schedule a free assessment of your current plan and/or a consultation to discuss designing a new one.