Setting up Special Customer Note Alerts
Often times, we want users to be alerted with special customer notes. Here is a way you can do it with extremely simple jscript.
- Create a text field on the entity such as an account.
- Then users can fill in special notes on the account.
- Put this function on form load or form save and users will be alerted to the special instructions when they open up the customer’s record.
See jscript function below:
var note = Xrm.Page.data.entity.attributes.get("new_customernote").getValue();
if (note != null)
Edit and Resend E-mail Containing Historical Documents
In Dynamics GP2015, users are now able to edit and resend e-mail containing many Historical Documents including Sales, Purchasing, Payables and Receivables documents that have been previously sent. This is a great feature if you need to resend a Sales Invoice, for example, but the Customer’s contact has changed. Simply open the Historical Sales Invoice and click the E-mail Detail Inquiry button:
This will open the Sales E-mail Detail Inquiry Zoom window. Now click the Edit E-mail button:
This will open the Sales Edit E-mail Detail Inquiry window where you can enter a new email address and select it to be included by marking the E-Mail checkbox:
To send the new E-mail, simply click the E-mail button at the top of the Sales Edit E-mail Detail Inquiry window.
How to Cycle through Pages Quickly and Easily
True to it’s name, there aren’t too many steps and it’s really quick to do this trick.
- If you are viewing any card page (sales orders, purchase order, item etc.) You have the ability to easily cycle through pages without closing and re-opening the desired card.
- When on a page, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Page up/Page down to cycle through.
Here are some images to see exactly how to apply this trick.