Tailored Services for Government Entities
Sikich’s federal government team includes financial management and information assurance professionals that specialize in providing services to support a wide range of federal and commercial clients. Our team is dedicated to providing solutions and services tailored to our customer’s unique requirements and needs.
We support government accountability and assist our clients in ensuring that taxpayer money and data are properly handled. By validating and questioning our clients’ documentation, we help to establish that funds and systems are being used appropriately and purposefully.
We provide financial management, advisory and assurance services to support a wide range of federal and commercial clients.
Sikich’s Federal Audit services team includes financial management and information assurance professionals who specializing in providing audit and attestation services.
Sikich offers comprehensive, cost-effective solutions tailored to help your organization reduce the risk of fraud to an acceptable level. Since every organization is unique, we can work with you to provide the right mix of services.
Sikich has valuable deposition and trial testimony experience. Partners have been qualified as experts in such topics as government contract accounting, contract claims analysis, audits of procurement procedures, and application of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
Sikich has the necessary expertise to assist the U.S. Defense Industrial Base (DIB) sector in enhancing its cybersecurity posture within the multi-tier supply chain to ensure compliance with Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) requirements.
Financial Management Consulting Services
Sikich assists organizations in assessing and delivering solutions to meet their financial management requirements. We provide a wide range of services, providing objective results helping organizations achieve their financial management goals. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Audit support and remediation
- Accounting support
- Budget execution support
- Internal control assessments
- Regulatory reporting activities
- Improper payments analysis
- System implementation-readiness activities
- Policies and procedures design and documentation
CIO And CISO Support
We have helped numerous federal agencies establish and maintain programs that meet and exceed the internal control requirements specified in OMB Circular A-123, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Control. We have a track record of implementing and executing effective, risk-based management control programs. We provide services to assist with:
- Audit support and remediation
- Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) Management
- Risk Management Framework Consulting
- Client Information System Security Officer Support
- Assessment & Authorization (A&A)
- Privacy Programs
OMB Circular A-123 Implementation and Compliance Support
Establishing a holistic infrastructure can be a daunting task – within the context of your mission goals and program objectives, data must be secure, privacy protected, and risks continuously monitored and mitigated. Our team has the perspective gained from ongoing assessments and continuous adaptation to provide our clients with advice, development, and implementation of an information infrastructure that effectively protects your information while actively supporting your mission. We have provided our clients with:
- Designing Federal Managers’ Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA) programs
- Assisting in the establishment of proper governance structures (e.g., Senior Assessment Teams)
- Planning the assessment of internal control over financial reporting
- Identifying, documenting, and testing key controls over financial reporting
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring corrective action plans
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual assurance statements
Financial Management Training
We provide agencies with tailored financial management training programs that include:
- Developing materials for regional, foreign, and headquarters conferences
- Providing instructor-led classroom training, virtual training, and video teleconferencing
- Developing demonstrations, interactive learning simulations, exercises, and quizzes to facilitate full participation and understanding of training materials
Our training experts are well-versed in video production software, which we have used to develop reusable on-demand training for our clients.
Our team provides DoD contractors with expertise to navigate the new and evolving requirements to help protect and defend the U.S. Defense supply chain from cyber risks that include:
- Educating contractor personnel about the CMMC, its requirements, timelines and how to interpret the cybersecurity controls catalog
- Supporting the design, documentation and implementation of required cybersecurity controls within the applicable maturity levels
- Performing pre-assessments to help identify corrective actions or implementation gaps for the required cybersecurity controls
- Supporting the full lifecycle of the CMMC audit