Kate Burian, CPA, CFE, has over 11 years of experience in public accounting, with a specialization in white collar investigations and consulting services for government and school entities. At Sikich, Kate works in forensic investigations for clients in a variety of industries.
Her prior experience includes providing audit and attestation services to not-for-profits and affordable housing organizations. This includes work under Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book), Uniform Guidance for Single Audits, and reporting and compliance under HUD and state/local organizations.
Kate has served on the Board of Directors for the Chicago chapter of Step Up, a national not-for-profit mentoring organization, as well as a firm ambassador and committee member for the Illinois CPA Society.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society, Co-Chair of the Young Professionals Group and Firm Ambassador
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Step Up, Committee Member and Board Alum
- World Business Chicago, Economic Growth Fellow Alum
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Master of Science in Accounting, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)