Thomas M. Powers, CPA, is a partner with over 30 years of experience specializing in audit, review, and compilation solutions as well as employee benefit plan services. Tom joined the firm when Freyberg, Hinkle, Ashland, Powers & Stowell, a public accounting firm offering accounting, audit, tax compliance and planning, and employee benefit plan services, was acquired by Sikich in 2019. Tom was a shareholder at Freyberg, Hinkle, Ashland, Powers & Stowell prior to his role as partner at Sikich.
In his current position, Tom is passionate about helping closely held businesses reach their financial goals. His clients in multi-employer benefit plans, not-for-profit entities, and labor organizations rely on Tom for expertise in audit, accounting, tax, consulting, and agreed-upon procedures services. He has a reputation for quality and efficiency in labor organizations and Taft-Hartley Employee Benefit Plans, including defined benefit, defined contribution, and various health and welfare plans. Additionally, Tom has decades of experience helping businesses understand and meet compliance regulations.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Quality Assurance Division
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA)
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, St. Norbert College
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)