Richard Lynch, CPA, is the managing partner of the CPA practice, who oversees the team’s operational structure, ongoing growth, contributions to the broader organization and management of the pillar’s team members. In this role, Richard guides the strategic vision, financial plans and operational goals of the accounting, audit, tax and consulting services pillar within Sikich.
Prior to his position as managing partner, Richard was the partner-in-charge of the not-for-profit and higher education practice and the lead for the Central Illinois market. He has extensive experience providing audit, tax, accounting and management consulting services to a variety of clients, including businesses, financial institutions, public and private universities, social service agencies, private foundations, and health and welfare organizations. Richard has dedicated his career to public accounting since joining the industry in 2000.
He has served on the governing boards of accounting businesses and not-for-profit organizations throughout his career, including positions as board chair, treasurer, and chair of audit and finance committees. He is a frequent guest speaker at conferences, training sessions and webinars.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
– AICPA Expert Panel, Past Board Member
– AICPA Not-for-Profit Section, Member
– AICPA Not-for-Profit Certificate Program, Awarded Certificate
- Illinois CPA Society
- Community Child Care Connection, Inc., Past Board Member
- The Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce, Past Board Member
- Leadership Springfield, Past Board Chair
- Refuge Ranch, Consultant
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- Central Association of College and University Business Officers
- Illinois Symphony Orchestra, Board Treasurer
- Looking for Lincoln, Past Board Chair
- Associated Colleges at Illinois, Past Board Member
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign