Daniel A. Berg, CPA, is a partner on Sikich’s governmental services team. With more than 35 years of experience in public accounting, Dan concentrates on all areas of accounting, auditing, financial reporting, budget development, revenue and expenditure forecasting, cash and debt management and cable television franchise agreed-upon procedures. He has participated in more than 1,200 audits of municipalities and other governmental units.
In addition to his client responsibilities, Dan has developed training materials and served as lead instructor for governmental accounting, auditing and financial reporting training courses for internal staff and external audiences, including the Illinois and Wisconsin Government Finance Officers Association, Northwestern University, Illinois Association of Park Districts, Illinois Municipal Treasurers Association, Illinois Institute of Technology, Northern Illinois University, the Park District Risk Management Agency and various library systems.
- Illinois CPA Society
- Government Finance Officers Association, Special Review Committee
- Illinois Government Finance Officers Association
- Wisconsin Government Finance Officers Association
- Illinois Association of Park Districts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Benedictine University