Andrew Wright, CGFM, CDFM, is a partner with approximately 13 years of accounting and federal financial management experience. Andy joined Sikich through the 2022 acquisition of Cotton & Company. In this prior role, he worked closely with an independent federal trust instrumentality client, advising them on the implementation of the new Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) lease accounting standard and led the property, construction in progress, and environmental liabilities cycles of the fiscal year 2020 financial statement audit of a large Department of Defense client.
Prior to his current role, Andy completed a 20-year active-duty military career with the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) that included both operational assignments throughout the nation and more than 10 years of mission support in the financial management and accounting field. Andy also managed the planning, programming, budgeting, and execution (PPBE) process for USCG’s Command, Control, Communication, Computers, Cyber, and Intelligence (C5I) Service Center. Further, he led both the USCG’s financial management policy office and their audit remediation and property accountability office at USCG Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Originally from Boston, Andy and his wife now reside in Alexandria, VA and have two daughters. He enjoys spending time with his family, coaching and cheering for all his beloved Boston sports teams.
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC)
- Bachelor of Science, Operations Research, U.S. Coast Guard Academy
- Master of Accounting, College of William and Mary
- Master of Business Administration, College of William and Mary
- Certified Government Financial Manager® (CGFM®)
- Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM)