An interesting feature that came out of the NetSuite 2020.2 Release was the “Copy to Account” feature. This is an administrator feature that was previously only available as a beta feature. These details were pulled from the 2020.2 Release notes, but since it was released from beta, it needs to be at the top of every developer’s mind!
The Copy to Account feature allows NetSuite administrators to easily copy a custom object from one NetSuite account directly to another without the need for Suite Bundler—you can also copy an object between your own accounts.
From the NetSuite application, you can select a target account, choose dependencies, select to include record instances, and then preview and deploy the custom record. The copy to account tool allows for one custom object to be copied at a time.
Copy to account is available from production, development, and sandbox accounts.
You can launch the Copy to Account by The Copy to Account tool goes through four steps: Account, Dependencies, Preview, Deploy.
Before you use the Copy to Account Feature you want to make sure the accounts you copy to and from meet the following requirements:
- SDF enabled
- Copy to account enabled
- Matching NetSuite Account versions
- Admin role access
To enable this feature in your account:
- Log In to NetSuite with an administrator role.
- Go to Setup > Company > Enable Features
- On the SuiteCloud tab, in the SuiteCloud development Framework section, enable Copy to Account.
- If you have not already enabled the SGD Feature, you will be prompted to enable it for Copy to Account to be used.