Microsoft Dynamics 365 is Microsoft’s most advanced offering to date, providing organizations with a unified platform that includes both ERP and CRM capabilities. It is built on a more modern architecture, offering improved performance, scalability, and security compared to its predecessor, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. Let’s take a closer look at the features and functionalities offered by Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain Management (FSCM) vs. Dynamics AX 2012.
Top 16 Enhanced Features and Functionalities of Dynamics 365 FSCM
- Improved User Experience. The user interface in Dynamics 365 (D365) is more user-friendly and intuitive, promoting better user adoption.
- Mobile Access. D365 provides mobile-friendly access, allowing users to work from anywhere using mobile devices.
- AI, ML, and Analytics. Leveraging Microsoft’s AI capabilities, Dynamics 365 offers advanced analytics and predictive insights for better decision-making, such as Azure Machine Learning for Forecasting
- Enhanced Vendor Collaboration. Collaboration portal for RFQs, Purchase Orders, and AP Invoices
- Lifecycle services / Task Recorder Improvements. Link to Lifecycle Services, Guided tutorials with Task guides
- Production Floor Execution. Enhanced production floor interface / touch screen
- Master Planning Improvements. Master planning in Supply Chain Management is provided by an external service called the Planning Optimization Add-in for Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management.
- D365 is built on a more modern architecture, offering improved performance, scalability, and security compared to AX 2012.
- Dynamics 365 F&SCM is cloud-native, allowing for easy scalability and reducing the burden of maintaining on-premises infrastructure.
- Scheduled updates vs upgrades. With Dynamics 365, you receive regular updates and new features, ensuring that your ERP system stays current and competitive.
- Integration Capabilities. It offers better integration capabilities with other Microsoft products like M365, Power BI, and Azure services, enhancing productivity.
- D365 provides enhanced security features and ensures compliance with regulations like GDPR.
- You can customize D365 to fit your specific business needs using low-code/no-code tools like Power Apps and Power Automate.
- Unified Platform. Microsoft Dynamics 365 unifies ERP and CRM capabilities, providing a comprehensive view of customer data and operations.
- Cost Efficiency. While there are initial migration costs, long-term savings can be achieved through reduced infrastructure expenses and enhanced productivity.
- Co-Pilot for Dynamics 365
Dynamics 365 FSCM Improvements Over Dynamics AX 2012
One of the most notable improvements in Dynamics 365 is its user experience. The user interface is more user-friendly and intuitive, promoting better user adoption. Additionally, D365 provides mobile-friendly access, allowing users to work from anywhere using mobile devices. This feature is beneficial for businesses with a remote workforce and employees who need to access data while on-the-go.
Dynamics 365 FSCM also leverages Microsoft’s AI capabilities, offering advanced analytics and predictive insights for better decision-making. With AI and Azure Machine Learning for forecasting, Dynamics 365 provides an edge over other enterprise resource planning solutions in the market.
The enhanced vendor collaboration feature in D365 FSCM allows for better vendor management, with a collaboration portal for RFQs, Purchase Orders, and AP Invoices. Another useful feature is the Lifecycle Services’ Task Recorder Improvements which enables you to link with Lifecycle Services and also Guided tutorials with task guides.
Dynamics 365 also offers improved production floor execution with an enhanced production floor interface and touch screen. The master planning feature in Dynamics 365 has undergone improvements with the introduction of planning optimization in the Supply Chain Management module, which is provided by an external service.
Another significant advantage of Dynamics 365 is its cloud-native architecture, which enables easy scalability and reduces the burden of maintaining on-premises infrastructure. With scheduled updates instead of upgrades, D365 ensures that your ERP system stays current and competitive.
Dynamics 365 provides enhanced security features and ensures compliance with regulations like the GDPR. Integration capabilities with other Microsoft products like Office 365, Power BI, and Azure services also enhance productivity. Additionally, Dynamics 365 allows for customization of features to fit specific business needs using Power Apps and Power Automate.
The unified platform in Microsoft Dynamics 365 provides a comprehensive view of customer data and operations, promoting better data governance and management. Lastly, while there are initial migration costs, long-term savings can be achieved through reduced infrastructure expenses and enhanced productivity.
To further improve D365, Microsoft has announced the release of Co-Pilot for Dynamics 365. Co-Pilot is an AI-based assistant that can interact with users, provide recommendations, and complete tasks across various modules.
In conclusion, Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a comprehensive and advanced ERP solution that provides enhanced features and functionality compared to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. The importance of functionalities such as enhanced user experience, AI, and analytics, mobile access, vendor collaboration, and customizations make the ERP solution stand above the rest. Its unified platform, integration capabilities, and compliance features also make it an ideal solution for businesses. With Microsoft’s commitment to improving Dynamics 365, the future seems promising. Contact us to learn more about the benefits of upgrading to D365 FSCM.
This content may have been enhanced with the assistance of AI technology. Our experts have curated and reviewed it for accuracy and value, combining human insight with advanced AI capabilities.