Now that Microsoft is incorporating powerful AI into the Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions by means of Copilot, you can get ready to empower your employees and streamline business processes at a whole new level. In this article, we highlight how Copilot enhances Dynamics 365 CRM and ERP, and how Sikich helps you achieve the AI outcomes you want to see.
An end to drudgery is in sight
You probably heard that Microsoft recently announced Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot for the Dynamics 365 portfolio. Days later, they also launched Copilot for Microsoft 365 applications as well as Microsoft Security Copilot to enable AI-powered security analysis and threat mitigation. Creating Copilot based on OpenAI GPT-4, Microsoft democratizes AI by delivering it into the hands of a large, worldwide user community. With Copilot, powerful AI becomes a natural element of doing work and conducting business for everyone, everywhere.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot is an advanced AI solution that can assist people working with Dynamics 365 solutions in many business areas and everyday tasks. Native AI in Dynamics 365 CRM and ERP solutions can pervade business processes to empower people, help them accelerate and focus their efforts, and make their lives easier by reducing routine chores.
If you currently subscribe to Dynamics 365, you will receive Copilot as part of the major updates that come your way twice a year. After that, Copilot enhancements will be part of the regular cadence of updates and enhancements.
Technology users are ready for transformations
With Dynamics 365 Copilot, Microsoft aims to help businesses modernize their work environments so people can make better use of their skills and talents. In a recent survey conducted by Microsoft:
- 89 percent of the employees who indicated that they had access to AI-powered tools and were supported by process automation stated that they felt more fulfilled, because they could focus more on work that matters instead of tedious routines.
- 88 percent mentioned that automation made it easier for them to work seamlessly with other teams.
- 89 percent hoped that they would be able to take advantage of AI in more tasks and processes.
However, many companies lag when it comes to AI and modern technology solutions. In the same survey:
- 74 percent of the respondents noted that existing software tools caused more busywork and administrative tasks.
- 72 percent said that disparate and legacy software systems result in silos that make it difficult for people to collaborate around digital transformation goals.
Copilot will play a key role in helping these employees and their organizations revolutionize how work happens.
Copilot across the Dynamics 365 solution family
At a high level, as Microsoft describes, “Copilot brings the power of next-generation AI capabilities and natural language processing to Dynamics 365, working alongside business professionals to help them create ideas and content faster, complete time-consuming tasks, and get insights and next best actions—just by describing what’s needed.” Some examples of how Copilot AI enhances the Dynamics 365 solutions:
- Microsoft Viva Sales, which is a part of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales, was the first Dynamics 365 solution to feature generative AI to deliver realtime insights to business roles and automatically create customer-directed content. Copilot elevates those AI capabilities with additional automation and insightful streamlining of such tasks as creating a proposal or responding to a customer inquiry. Sales team members can spend more time connecting with customers instead of searching for information or writing emails.
- Agents using Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service can improve service levels with rapid issue resolution and efficiency.
- Users of Dynamics 365 Customer Insights can use natural language to interact with their customer data platform and more effectively work with targeted, personalized customer segments.
- Marketers can more easily describe a target customer segments and develop email campaign content in Dynamics 365 Marketing.
- Product managers can simplify the creation of ecommerce product listings in Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Proactive flagging of issues that could impact supply chains, like weather or financial conditions, augments predictive insights in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, allowing companies to make immediate adjustments in the materials, inventory, carriers, and other elements at play in fulfilling customer orders.
Powering your AI journey
No matter if you already use Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and ERP solutions or anticipate a new deployment, you can rely on your Sikich consulting team to help you reap the benefits of Copilot. The solution is one more element in the arsenal of our AI and data intelligence experts who help clients achieve greater business outcomes from their digital assets—faster, simpler, and more effectively. We approach AI in the context of your specific goals, challenges, and transformational opportunities.
End-to-end, pervasive AI.
From discovery, to scoping, to solution delivery, Copilot will be wrapped into the efficient, low-risk implementation methodologies we use in our Dynamics 365 projects. In collaboration with you, we will refine Copilot for the needs of the business roles in your organization and help you establish metrics to document the impact of AI. As experts on the Microsoft Power Platform, we can complement Copilot in Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365 by building—or showing your customer service team how to build—virtual agents that take advantage of the Azure OpenAI Service and Bing to deliver the best answers to customer questions.
Most users will find Copilot easy to learn and will be excited by its potential to revolutionize their work. If employees initially are overwhelmed by their Copilot capabilities in both Dynamics 365 and Microsoft 365, we can show them how to keep their interactions with the technologies simple and productive as they bring AI into their tasks. The Sikich team will also assist them in honing their AI skills so they can continue to thrive at a high level of engagement and satisfaction. That, in turn, can translate into better employee retention and improved customer experiences.
Copilot AI functions at the level of the business and productivity tools your employees use all day long. Soon, it will be second nature for them. By impacting many roles, tasks, and processes, Copilot can spur a business transformation that can greatly accelerate your organization’s journey toward its most ambitious goals. You might even realize Copilot benefits that weren’t on your radar. We’re here to help you take charge of AI as you usher in the future of your business.
If you’re ready to explore the AI opportunities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot, you can:
- Contact us now.
- Learn more about the Sikich AI practice.
- See how Sikich delivers and supports Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions.