Welcome to the future of Dynamics GP, where we will explore the exciting possibilities that lie ahead for both existing and new GP customers. As technology continues to advance at a rapid pace, it is crucial for businesses to stay informed about the latest developments and trends in GP software. Whether you have been using GP for years or are considering adopting it for your organization, this blog will provide a quick overview of how GP is evolving to meet the ever-changing needs of businesses in today’s digital world.
The Future for Existing Dynamics GP Customers
For existing GP Customers, there are price increases on the horizon. Below is a breakdown of what clients can expect:
- Enhancement Plan Rates: The enhancement plan rates are increasing again. For all clients that originally purchased the 16& Business Ready Enhancement plan, they increased to 17% last year and will now increase to 18% of your system list price. They will increase from 17% to 18% of your list price for GP.
- Advantage Plan: The Advantage Plan rates will increase from 19% to 20% of your list price.
- You can expect an increase in the price of subscriptions and perpetual licenses.
These increases will not impact the following:
- Dynamics GP Perpetual customers licensed prior to April 1st, 2025, with:
- An active enhancement plan
- Add functionality or users to their perpetual license
- Dynamics GP Subscription Customers licensed prior to April 1st, 2026, with:
- An active subscription – to add functionality or users to their subscription license
New GP Customers
If you are looking to purchase GP for the first time, there are a few changes/announcements you need to keep in mind.
- For new GP users, the price of subscription and perpetual licenses are going up as of October 2023.
- As of April 1, 2025, there will be no more sales of Dynamics GP Perpetual Licenses to new customers. New customers will be limited to subscription licensing.
- Come April 2026, there will be no more New GP Users, and subscription licensing will only be accessible to existing GP customers.
Microsoft’s major investments for the future will be toward Dynamics 365.
Current GP Customers can expect tax and other product updates come October 2023. The support life cycle remains the same, 2028 and beyond. As Microsoft has previously stated, major investments and innovations will continue for Dynamics 365 Business Central.
If your organization is ready to move to a future away from Dynamics GP before its end-of-life to Dynamics 365 Business Central, please reach out to our experts at any time!