One of our trusted ISV partners is WilloWare Incorporated. If you’ve ever thought to yourself, “Why doesn’t GP do that?”, you may want to review the long list of products on their website. One of my favorite products is the WilloWare Dynamics GP PowerPack TWEAKS.
TWEAKS provides nearly 100 small GP enhancements, and is very nicely priced, at the time of this writing, at just $1,000. While licensed as a group, each TWEAK can be enabled individually. There are TWEAKS available for every core module in Dynamics GP. I find the following TWEAKS to be especially helpful for our Sikich clients who utilize the distribution modules:
- SmartList Favorite Keep Open: Keep multiple SmartList Favorites open at the same time
- Auto-Fill Distributions: Auto-fills the credit or debit amount with the remaining balance when entering a new distribution line. Auto-Fill Distributions is available on GL Transaction Entry, Payables Transaction Entry, Payables Manual Payment Entry, Payables Edit Payables Checks, Purchasing Invoice Entry, Receivings Transaction Entry, Purchasing Returns Transaction Entry, Receivables Transaction Entry, Receivables Cash Receipt Entry, and Sales Transaction Entry.
- Cache System Password: Once a user has entered the System Password, it is remembered so that other system-level windows can be opened without having to re-enter the system password for each window.
AP and Purchasing Enhancements
- Duplicate Items Warning:warns user when the same Item Number is added more than once to the same Purchase Order.
- Lock Last Cost:Prevents posting PO Receipts from updating the Last Invoice Cost on Item-Vendors. Also has an optional control on the Item Cost in PO Entry to prevent changing the cost outside of a predefined Allowable Variance.
- PM Inquiry-Bank Rec Link: Displays an indicator in Payables Transaction Inquiry-Document and Payables Transaction Inquiry-Vendor when the document has been Cleared in Bank Rec, or Marked in a Bank Rec reconciliation.
- PO Receipt Type Control: allows you to assign User IDs to have access to only Shipment, or Shipment/Invoice. This setting controls the options available on the PO Entry “Actions” button, and on the Receivings Transaction Entry window. It also supports Vendor ID level setup so that the PO Receipt Type defaults based on the Vendor setup.
- Require PURCH Acct in PO Entry: Makes the Inventory/Purchases/Drop-Ship Account a required field in Purchase Order Entry.
AR and Sales Enhancements
- Applied Status:adds a status code indicating Complete (fully paid/applied), Partial (partially paid/applied), or Unapplied/Unpaid to the scrolling windows in Receivables Transaction Inquiry-Customer and Receivables Transaction Inquiry-Document.
- Auto-Open Customer Detail Entry:There are a number of fields and buttons on the Customer Detail Entry window that provide access to information about a customer that you do not see on the main SOP Entry window. When creating a new transaction, rather than selecting a Customer then clicking the expansion button to open Customer Detail Entry, this tweak will open the window automatically after the SOP Number is generated. You can select the customer directly on the Customer Detail Entry window and have direct access to different views of customer sales and payment history, along with Ship To Address fields, payment terms and so on.
- Customer PO – Check for Duplicate: If a duplicate is entered the Customer PO Inquiry window opens showing the SOP Documents that have the same number, but user can continue with the duplicate.
- Customer PO – Require Unique: If a Customer PO Number is used on Sales Transaction Entry, this feature ensures that duplicates are not allowed. If a duplicate is entered, the Customer PO Inquiry window opens showing the duplicate documents.
- Customer PO – Required: Allows you to make the Customer PO Number field required on Sales Transaction Entry. The setup allows you to specify whether the Customer PO Number should always be required for all Customers or required only for certain Customers.
- Display Shipping Weight in Title Bar: Calculates the total Shipping Weight for the transaction and displays it in the Title Bar of the Sales Transaction Entry window.
- Email History: Adds a confirmation to the Email Documents button so you have a chance to cancel before sending an email, and tracks who sent the email, the date sent, and provides a place for the user to record a comment. Email History works on Sales Transaction Entry and Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom.
- SOP Rules: a “sub-set” of Tweaks containing a number of small SOP Entry controls:
- Default Batch ID – User: Sets the Batch ID based on a default assigned to the User. The Batch ID field can also be locked to prevent changes.
- Default Document ID – User: Sets the Document ID (which controls the document number sequence) based on the User ID. The Document ID can be locked to prevent changes.
- Default Location Code – User: Sets the Default Site assigned to the document, and the lines, based on the User ID. The Location Code can be locked to prevent changes.
- Default Location Code – Customer: Set the Default Site assigned to the document, and the lines, based on the Customer ID. The Location Code can be locked to prevent changes.
- Fulfillment Batch: automatically changes the Batch ID when fulfillment occures. For example, change the Batch to indicate the order is “Ready To Invoice”.
- Required SOP User Defined Fields by Document ID: for each Document ID (such as STDORD or PHNORD) different SOP User Defined Fields can be set as Required Fields. If the Document ID has required fields, the User Defined Field Entry window will open automatically, show the required fields, and require entry.
- Secure Batch by User: Prevents users from accessing Sales Transactions in a “Secure Batch” that belongs to another user. Only the owner(s) of the “Secure Batch” can edit transactions in the batch or assign new transactions to their Secure Batch.
- Transfer to Doc ID – Batch ID: Link a Transfer To Batch ID to each SOP Document ID, then have that Batch ID automatically fill in the Transfer To Batch ID on the Sales Document Detail Entry window. Normally GP transfers an Order to Invoice and keeps the document in the same Batch. With this rule enabled, the document will transfer into a new batch assigned to the Invoice ID.
If you’d like to learn more about WilloWare, their Dynamics GP products, and how Sikich has implemented them for our clients, please contact us.