The digital transformation is changing the way we do business and has reset customer expectations. Outdated, disconnected management systems just won’t support industrial equipment manufacturers (IEMs) any longer. Technology has advanced production operations, and now it’s time to use technology to improve back-office operations. IEMs are turning to cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) to build a competitive advantage and a profitable future.
Aging legacy systems are no longer able to keep up with businesses today, especially in the fast-paced manufacturing industry. Employees create workarounds to avoid cumbersome systems which leads to silos of data. As a result, current, reliable information is pushed even further out of reach. As discussed in “Future of Manufacturing: How Industrial Equipment Manufacturers Build Competitive Edge through Cloud ERP,” forward-thinking IEMs are taking advantage of modern technology to harness and use data to save money, improve productivity and streamline operations.
Build a Profitable Future With Cloud ERP
Cloud ERP replaces manual processes with time-saving automations, centralizes data, and strengthens back-office operations. Here are six benefits IEMs will realize when deploying cloud ERP:
- Optimize the supply chain. Data drives supply chain decisions. Cloud ERP delivers the unified information needed to manage suppliers, inventory, production and logistics. Make data-driven decisions to improve customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Strengthen end-to-end cost tracking. Quoting and pricing products requires a complete understanding of costs across production. Cloud ERP provides visibility into product costs so you can allocate and assign costs with confidence.
- Connect information across the organization. Communication and collaboration between departments promotes process flow. Break down data silos and connect people and data with cloud-based ERP to avoid production errors which lead to lost revenues and lost customers.
- Nurture growth. Cloud ERP supports multiple currencies, tax laws, and regulatory requirements. Monitor industry trends and take advantage of new opportunities in new markets.
- Improve aftermarket services and sales. Manage warranty contracts, maintenance services, and aftermarket parts sales with cloud ERP. These and other service-based activities expand traditional offerings, leading to stronger customer relationships.
- Fast deployment minimizes disruption. Deploying cloud-based ERP is faster and less expensive than costly upgrades to legacy systems. An easy-to-use interface improves user adoption and delivers productivity improvements immediately.
The future of manufacturing is in technology. Strengthen your position in the marketplace and build a competitive advantage with a digital transformation. Download a free copy of our eBook and contact Sikich for guidance with replacing legacy systems with a comprehensive cloud ERP solution.