As a service company specializing in marketing for commercial real estate brokerages and agents nationwide the company recently received an $8 million venture capital infusion.
After receiving venture capital funding, the Board of Directors took issue with the company’s lack of financial personnel and infrastructure; requesting that the company find a Chief Financial Officer or VP of Finance. Given the immediate need of an experienced finance team, the company decided to engage our team, which would satisfy the Board’s request while also building the financial infrastructure for the future finance department.
Our Approach and Results
The team was tasked with creating a board-approved operating budget, monitoring and analyzing SaaS KPI’s and deploying sophisticated reporting & modeling solutions for both the Board & C-Suite. Here’s how we did it.
- Constructed a robust operating budget tool inclusive of hiring forecasts, cash burn analysis and dashboard for monitoring performance
- Assisted with the process of creating and monitoring SaaS KPI metrics and delivered streamlined monthly board performance workbook with a planning calendar
- Improved financial reporting to accurately capture gross margin, customer acquisition costs and provided insight into departmental spending
- Developing a weekly cash flow model with 26-week look-ahead visibility and a dashboard to measure actual cash performance
- Created process documentation to improve efficiency and financial processes across departments
- Provided C-suite support related to board meeting preparation and deck review