Microsoft’s Power BI (Business Intelligence), in its simplest form, is a business analytics service that enables you to see all of your data through a single pane of glass. With Power BI Embedded, you can now integrate Power BI reports directly within your web or mobile applications.
Power BI Embedded is an Azure service that enables developers to emerge Power BI data experiences from within their applications. Users can now easily bring data to life inside of their apps, creating visually impactful and interactive reports that are always up to date.
This is a significant advance in the area of business intelligence in the cloud. It affords users with the ability to create rich data models using formulas and relationships – without the need for writing any code.
Below is an example of report creation using Power BI Embedded for rich data models and custom visuals. Simplified without the need for writing code. Keeping data sets up to date and in one place…effortlessly.
What this means for you:
Visualize and analyze very large data sets in one place, directly from cloud sources, ensuring your data is always up to date (without moving your data to Power BI)
- Easily author interactive reports without writing any code using Power BI Desktop
- Effortlessly embed interactive visuals in your app (using REST APIs and the Power BI SDK) with noredesign required
- Applications typically have their own users and distinct set of features. Those apps may also happen to have some built-in data elements like charts and reports that can now be powered by Microsoft Power BI Embedded. Users don’t need a Power BI account to use an app. They can continue to sign in to applications just like before, and view and interact with the Power BI reporting experience without requiring any additional licensing. Use your existing authentication and authorization methods.
- Flexible workspace and workspace collections – or more simply stated, a container of Power BI content, which can include datasets, reports and dashboards; content can be organized and arranged according to your preferences.
- Cached datasets – which can be used in Preview.
If you would like to see how business intelligence can benefit you or your business, contact Sikich to speak with one of our BI experts.