With 24 years of auditing and government financial management experience, Melinda DeCorte, CPA, CGFM, CFE, PMP, is a skilled partner who directs and serves in a quality assurance capacity for financial statement audits conducted in accordance with government auditing standards. Melinda also has extensive consulting experience with multiple governmental agencies, primarily focusing on internal controls and risk assessments, financial statement preparation, financial system implementation, and evaluating agencies for audit readiness and compliance with internal control standards and generally accepted accounting principles.
She joined Sikich through the 2022 acquisition of Cotton & Company, a sophisticated leading organization in the local, state and federal government space. Melinda has authored several articles on professional ethics in publications and regularly speaks on ethics, audit and internal control at professional development conferences and training seminars. Additionally, she taught introductory and intermediate financial accounting at the University of Virginia.
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA), Professional Ethics Board Chair
- AGA’s National Council of Chapters (NCC), Dallas Chapter Representative
- AGA’s National Governing Board (NGB), Chapter Director for Area 3
- Government Accountability Office, Past Advisory Council Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Economics, Georgia State University
- Certificate in Accounting, University of Virginia School of Continuing and Professional Studies
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Elijah Watts Sells Gold Medal