As Sikich’s State & Local Government Industry Vertical Leader, Brian D. LeFevre, CPA, MBA, is responsible for providing technical services to governmental clients. He delivers services in all areas of state & local governmental accounting, auditing, financial reporting, budget development, revenue and expenditure forecasting, and cash and debt management. Brian has participated in hundreds of audits of municipalities and other governmental units since he began his career with Sikich in 1993.
He also develops and serves as lead instructor for governmental accounting, auditing, and financial reporting training courses internally for the firm and for the Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA). Brian previously served as Chair of the Governmental Report Review Committee of the Illinois CPA Society.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society, Governmental Report Review Committee
- Illinois Government Finance Officers Association
- GFOA Special Review Committee
- Northern Illinois Alliance of Fire Protection Districts
- Illinois Public Pension Fund Association
- Aurora Downtown Kiwanis Club, Former Treasurer and Board Member
- Greater Aurora Chamber of Commerce Leadership Academy, Class of 1996
- Lord of Life Church, Former Executive Director and Treasurer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Valparaiso University
- Master of Business Administration, Northern Illinois University