Often, when developing an approval processes in NetSuite via Workflows, we are posed with the issue of how to handle rejections.
- Should the record be locked when rejected?
- How does the approver notify users for the reason of rejection?
- How is the record routed back into the approval workflow?
- What happens if it is rejected more than once?
Sikich has created a new way to handle rejections through the workflow by creating a Rejection Reason Suitelet. This new feature allows the record to remain locked throughout the approval process. Additionally, it saves the approvers from having to either Edit the record to populate the Rejection Reason field or manually create an email.
How the NetSuite Rejection Reason Suitelet Works
- A team member enters a record into the approval process.
- Once submitted, the Approve / Reject buttons are enabled for the next person in the workflow approval.
- Upon clicking “Reject,” the user must enter a Rejection Reason.
- After filling out the Rejection Reason field, the Suitelet includes that text in a field on the record to communicate the rejection reason to the requester.
Adding a Rejection Reason to approvals is just one of the great things Sikich has created to help improve your NetSuite experience. If you would like more information about Sikich or NetSuite, please contact us at any time! You can also learn about more great tips for NetSuite on our YouTube playlist or our other blog posts.