An innovative healthcare system that serves over 140,000 patients approached Sikich for implementation assistance with Infor integrated HCM solution, including benefits, talent acquisition and payroll services. The goal was to introduce technology that would eliminate paper forms and spreadsheets, automate very manual processes and reduce transaction cycle times.
The implementation was challenging because of a loss of resources, including the client’s knowledge base, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because of this, not all the project benefits were realized. Sikich recommended a post go-live assessment to determine where the organization was relative to a best practice environment. The assessment focused on IT support and governance model, HR user adoption of the system and an assessment of continued manual processes.
Our assessment began with an outline of the best practices that the client should have realized at nine to twelve months post go-live. Next, we assessed their current state and ability to achieve best practices to determine what next steps would be to transition to a best practice technology environment.
Our recommendations included establishing a governance model to review, prioritize and approve future enhancements to the system; defining the role of the HRIS Analyst to ensure alignment with IT resources; and continued education of the system to increase adoption by HR users in addition to knowledge transfer to other end users.
- A technology strategy focused on achieving a best practice technology state.
- Increased alignment between HR and IT on current state technology and future enhancements.
- Visibility into the impact of technology on downstream systems.
- Automated workflow with electronic routing.
- Better educated team on all aspects of the system, with hands-on knowledge transfer from third party consultants.
- Continued additional post go-live support to complete open configuration items remaining after go-live.
- Implementation of a modern ERP capable of supporting the organization’s future business needs.
- Defined technology strategy that directly supports the organization’s strategic initiatives.