Success for all manufacturers, especially industrial equipment manufacturers (IEMs), starts with lean production and real-time order tracking, on top of providing superior products and customer service. The necessary component to this success is data, which is often out of reach due to data silos and disconnected systems. Centralize data within a cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution and achieve the productivity and profitability improvements a digital transformation delivers.
Disparate software and legacy systems are simply unable to support businesses in this digital era. Managers can’t quickly or easily access the data needed to make decisions about inventory, production and customer services. According to “Future of Manufacturing: How Industrial Equipment Manufacturers Build Competitive Edge through Cloud ERP,” many IEMs are taking the next step toward building a profitable future by replacing outdated systems with modern technology.
Build a Profitable Future With Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Formerly Dynamics AX)
Today’s cloud-based ERP, such as Microsoft Dynamics 365, is far more powerful than the legacy systems of the past. Agile and adaptable, cloud ERP will centralize key data and connect your people and processes. This modern technology offers much more than traditional manufacturing software. Right out-of-the-box, Dynamics 365 offers:
- Time-saving automation features: Replace manual procedures with workflows and standardized procedures to improve productivity and fuel efficiency.
- Strengthen supply chain and inventory management: Break down data silos and develop real-time connected information throughout your supply chain. Current, reliable data will strengthen forecasting and purchasing decisions as well as support strategic inventory management.
- Manage changing operations: You don’t need multiple systems to manage different manufacturing operations. Dynamics 365 supports lean operational goals, as well as make-to-order, configure-to-order, and engineer-to-order production.
- Track production costs: Capture and share KPIs, benchmark data, and monitor costs across production. Optimize production operations and protect profit margins with real-time financial information.
- Nurture growth: Dynamics 365 offers multi-currency functionality, as well as support for multiple tax laws and regulatory requirements. Business intelligence features highlight industry trends enabling you to spot and respond faster to new opportunities.
- Provide a superior customer experience: Extend customer services by offering aftermarket and other service-based activities. Efficiently manage warranty contracts, maintenance services and parts sales, and provide a seamless customer journey.
In today’s fast-paced, customer-driven marketplace, IEMs need to harness and utilize data to gain a competitive advantage and strengthen profits. Learn how to achieve this and much more by replacing outdated software with modern technology. Download the eBook and contact Sikich for guidance building a profitable future with Microsoft Dynamics 365.