Microsoft Phone System
Harness the power of the human voice
Combine your phone system with your cloud system.
Telephony in a modern technology environment
Microsoft Phone System extends Microsoft Teams with the capabilities business used to gain with a private branch exchange (PBX), but without forcing companies to invest in costly hardware that requires specialized management skills. Once Phone System has been deployed and configured for you, telephony becomes part of your technology management portfolio and does not require specialized expertise.
From within the Teams environment, users can rely on Phone System to initiate, receive, and transfer calls, using their mobile devices, a headset connected to a computer, or a purpose-built IP phone. All users within your organizational domain can communicate internally through Phone System, no matter where they are geographically. Phone System can connect to public telephone networks by accessing your existing telephony hardware or through a cloud-based Microsoft Calling Plan, which you can obtain through Sikich.
Jump to learn more.
Efficient deployment managed by Phone System experts
Sikich has deployed Microsoft Phone System for many clients with very different business conditions. In Phone System projects, we combine our Teams expertise with the framework of Practical Guidance for Cloud Voice to shorten the time-to-benefit with an efficient implementation. Your Phone System delivery is in the hands of Sikich certified engineers and Teams experts.
We maintain a fast momentum both in new deployments and in migrations from older Microsoft phone and conferencing technology. Over the course of dozens of engagements, we have found the most effective ways to configure Phone System to meet your requirements for emergency calling, port existing phone numbers, route calls, enable paging, and make the best use of your network resources.
We can deliver Phone System with high-quality sound over public internet connections through our SD-WAN partnership with Bigleaf. In addition to providing you with all the Phone System functionality you need, we aim to keep your technology environment streamlined and easy to manage.
END-TO-END COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES
A Sikich Phone System implementation can be part of your Microsoft 365 and Teams deployment or other, transformative technology changes. Alternatively, we can focus on Phone System exclusively.
We typically begin Phone System assignments with a network assessment, which allows us to plan and design your solution, which we configure and deploy to your users. We hand over a clean, smoothly running voice-based communication solution, and work with your teams to make certain that people are comfortable with Phone System and will use it consistently.
Depending on your preference, we can step away as you assume everyday management or wrap ongoing support and maintenance for Phone System into a Sikich IT managed services agreement.
How does sikich deliver microsoft phone system projects?
here is The lifecycle of a sikich-led project
Below are some of the main steps that are part of practically every Microsoft Phone System engagement:
- Understand client’s vision and goals for voice communications
- Assess network readiness and architecture
- Document current policies for identity and access management, subscriptions, and other elements of the technology environment
- Deploy and test needed software and provision it to users and phone accounts
- Set up network topology for E911 and appropriate communications policies
- Provide immersive, hands-on training on Phone System and Attendant Pro console for users, often following a train-the-trainer approach
- Train IT managers on software configuration, hardware and firmware upgrades and management, phone hardware, and conference room functionality
- Implement call recording
- Re-flash existing handsets and configure Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) for them
- Review and configure voice mail options
- Configure audio conferencing, auto-attendant, call queues, dial plan, and extension dialing
- Set up caller ID policy
- Port and test phone numbers
- Deploy call quality dashboard
- Implement data protection software
- Provide Microsoft reports on phone system utilization and performance
- Cancel previous phone services
- Record professional greetings and on-hold messages
- Share documentation, including call-routing diagrams
- Provide ongoing support for specific concerns
- Ensure optimal service health and performance
- Make adjustments when users, organizations, and communication needs change
- Offer videos and other training resources
Questions about bringing new cloud solutions into your business?
Get in touch with Sikich experts to discuss Microsoft Teams, Phone System, Microsoft 365, and transformational projects.