Frederick G. Lantz, CPA, is responsible for providing technical services to Sikich’s clients in all areas of governmental accounting, auditing, financial reporting, budget development, revenue and expenditure forecasting, and cash and debt management.
Prior to joining Sikich, Fred was the assistant director for the Technical Services Center of the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA), where he was a nationally recognized expert in the state and local government industry. At GFOA, Fred was responsible for managing the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting Program, providing accounting, auditing and financial reporting assistance to state and local government officials and their auditors, and serving as a liaison to the Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
Fred also developed courses and served as lead instructor for governmental accounting, auditing and financial reporting training courses. He is a nationally recognized speaker, having spoken at state GFOA and CPA Society meetings and conferences.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Past State & Local Government Expert Panel
- Illinois CPA Society
- Government Finance Officers Association, Special Review Committee
- GASB Pension Task Force
- Illinois Government Finance Officers Association, Past Executive Board of Directors, Technical Accounting Review Committee
- Wisconsin Government Finance Officers Association
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- Central Association of College and University Business Officers
- Illinois County Treasurers’ Association
- Illinois Tax Increment Association
- Illinois Municipal Treasurers Association
- Illinois City/County Management Association
- International City/County Manager’s Association
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Northern Illinois University
- Graduate of Advanced Government Finance Institute, University of Wisconsin at Madison