Matt Gorman, CPA, is a partner with over a decade of federal auditing, accounting and financial management experience. This experience has provided him valuable insight into the financial management operations of a diverse array of federal agencies. Throughout his career, Matt has led financial statement audits of civilian Cabinet-level, Department of Defense and legislative-branch agencies. He has also conducted over a dozen performance audits, covering improper payments, contracts and grants compliance, fee setting, and premium class travel.
Matt joined Sikich through the 2022 acquisition of Cotton & Company, a sophisticated leading organization in the local, state and federal government space. He has experience developing and presenting a number of continuing professional education courses on auditing and accounting.
Matt was born and raised in Virginia and currently resides in Annandale with his wife and two children. He enjoys hiking, especially in the Shenandoah Valley and Blue Ridge Mountains. He also loves traveling with his family, particularly on road trips.
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- AGA Washington D.C. Chapter, Monthly Luncheon Committee, Co-Director
- AGA Corporate Partner Advisory Group (CPAG), Defense Committee
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting and Information Systems, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)