Marco Fernandes, Jr., CPA, is a partner of audit and assurance services with more than 13 years of experience. Before joining Sikich, Marco was a partner at Halt, Buzas & Powell. Halt, Buzas & Powell, a public accounting firm offering audit and assurance, business consulting, outsourced accounting, tax and information technology services to business across industries, was acquired by Sikich in 2019.
Marco provides audit and assurance services to clients of all types, with expertise in not-for-profit organizations, government contractors and small businesses. His extensive experience in business advisory consulting, review, compilation and audit solutions helps his clients gain greater visibility into performance, processes and internal controls, uniquely strengthening their overall position.
When he’s not at work, Marco is an avid runner, having completed a marathon. He also enjoys grilling and watching movies with his three young children, wife and Yorkie.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of CPAs (VSCPA)
- Greater Washington Society of CPAs (GWSCPA)
- VSCPA Peer Review Oversight Committee Board Member
- Help Educate, Past Board Member
- George Mason University Employer Advisory Board, Former Member
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and General Business, University of Maryland, College Park
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)