Kim Borak, CPA, is a partner of quality audit and assurance services with approximately 15 years of public accounting and internal audit experience. Kim specializes in the not-for-profit and higher education industries, ensuring engagements adhere to the generally accepted accounting and auditing standards. She also assists with Accounting Standard Updates (ASU) implementations.
Prior to joining Sikich, Kim worked at a global accounting firm in audit services, with a focus on investment fund and not-for-profit audits. She also worked in the internal audit department at a global office supplies retailer, where she concentrated on SOX compliance and merger integrations.
Kim has in-depth experience in alternative investment portfolios and endowment accounting. She is also passionate about enterprise risk management and maintaining a current understanding of the ever-evolving audit and accounting standards.
When she’s not working, Kim spends time volunteering at her children’s school and watching their various sporting activities. Kim and her husband also enjoy spending time with family and friends at their cabin in Michigan.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Section, Member
- Illinois CPA Society, Ethics Committee Member
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and Business Administration, Carthage College
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Certificate Programs, Level I & Level II
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)