Karen S. Sanchez, CPA, QPA, is the Employee Benefit Plan Leader at Sikich, overseeing a team of employee benefit plan audit and retirement plan services professionals. Her team delivers solutions in third-party administration services for retirement plans, welfare plan Form 5500 preparation, payroll tax compliance issues, Affordable Care Act reporting, and benefit plan audits.
Karen has provided retirement plan compliance and related benefits services to closely held companies, not-for-profit and governmental entities since 1990. She is the direct supervisor of employee benefit plan audits for qualified plans across the organization. Further, Karen is a frequent speaker on benefit-related topics and contributes to a variety of professional and trade publications.
Karen spends her time away from the office traveling to destinations around the world. Recently, she went on an African safari and hiked with gorillas. She also camped out in a tree house in the Amazon and toured the Galapagos and Macchu Picchu.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society Member
- American Society of Pension Actuaries
- Illinois Government Finance Officers Association
- Illinois Public Pension Fund Association
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Magna Cum Laude, North Central College
- Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA)