Karen S. Sanchez, CPA, QPA, is the partner-in-charge of Sikich’s employee benefit plan services. Karen leads a team of professionals, who provide employee benefit plan audits, third-party administration services for retirement plans, welfare plan Form 5500 preparation, payroll tax compliance services and Affordable Care Act reporting.
Since 1990, she has provided retirement plan compliance and related benefits services to closely held companies, not-for-profit and governmental entities. Karen, in her current role, is the direct supervisor of employee benefit plan audits for qualified plans. She is a frequent speaker on benefit-related topics and contributes to a variety of professional and trade publications.
Karen spends her time away from the office traveling to destinations around the world. Recently, she went on an African safari and hiked with gorillas. She also camped out in a tree house in the Amazon and toured the Galapagos and Macchu Picchu.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society Member
- American Society of Pension Actuaries
- Illinois Government Finance Officers Association
- Illinois Public Pension Fund Association
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Magna Cum Laude, North Central College
- Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA)