Joseph A. Leo, CPA, is a partner with over 35 years of experience working with businesses and individuals to meet their accounting and tax goals. Joe joined the firm when Scanlan & Leo, a public accounting firm offering accounting, audit, tax compliance and planning, and advisory services to companies across industries, was acquired by Sikich in 2019. Prior to his role as partner at Sikich, Joe was co-owner of Scanlan & Leo.
In his current role, Joe provides specialized accounting, consulting, and tax services for professional service businesses, manufacturing companies, not-for-profit trade associations, individuals, and trusts. His focused expertise includes accounting and tax services for professional service businesses with an emphasis on small to mid-size law firms, as well as individual tax work for attorneys of small to large international law firms.
His clients rely on his ability to deliver strategic planning and budgeting solutions, succession planning, and profitability analysis in an effective and efficient manner to help grow their businesses.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- Delta Dental of Illinois, Board Member & Chair of Audit and Finance Committee
- Chamber 630, Past Board Member & Treasurer
- Downers Grove School District 58, Past Board Member & President
- Education Foundation of Downers Grove School District 58, Past Board Member & Treasurer
- Rotary Club of Downers Grove, Past Board Member & Treasurer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, University of Iowa
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)