James R. Savio, CPA, MAS, is responsible for providing technical services to Sikich’s governmental clients in all areas of governmental accounting, auditing, financial reporting, revenue and expenditure forecasting and cash and debt management. Jim has participated in hundreds of audits of municipalities and other governmental units since he began his career with Sikich in 1995. He has also been responsible in developing and serving as lead instructor for governmental accounting, auditing, financial reporting and cash management courses both internally and externally. Jim serves on the Illinois Government Finance Officers Association’s Technical Accounting Review Committee and the Illinois CPA Society Governmental Executive Committee. Jim also serves as a committee member for Sikich’s mentoring program and assists in the development and implementation of Sikich’s new hire training program.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society, Governmental Executive Committee
- Illinois Government Finance Officers Association, Technical Accounting Review Committee
- Greater Aurora Chamber of Commerce Leadership Academy, Class of 1998
- Master of Accounting Sciences, Northern Illinois University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Northern Illinois University