Jesse Carpenter, CPA, is a partner located in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. He has 15 years’ experience providing audit and advisory services. He currently oversees and directs audits in both the public and private sectors, including global clients with billions of dollars in annual activity operating in complex regulatory environments. He provides executive-level leadership to support his engagement teams in maintaining an unwavering commitment to quality, with a focus on adding value to client organizations. His experience includes:
- Leading external audits and attestations for federal agencies, local governments, corporations and not-for-profit organizations in accordance with standards from the AICPA and Government Accountability Office (GAO).
- Overseeing and directing private sector Internal Audit activities in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditor’s (IIA) International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
- Providing advisory services related to risk management, accounting standards implementation and investments.
Jesse joined Sikich through the 2022 acquisition of Cotton & Company, a sophisticated leading organization in the local, state and federal government space.
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, University of Alaska
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)