Elena Mossina, J.D., LL.M., is Partner-in-Charge of Sikich’s International Tax practice. She is a tax attorney with experience in advising U.S. multinational clients on a wide range of international and domestic tax issues. Her experience includes cross-border restructurings, cash repatriation strategies, IP migrations and transfer pricing matters. She combines U.S. and foreign tax analysis to provide clients with the most advantageous integrated solution from a U.S. and a foreign tax perspective.
Prior to joining Sikich, Elena was a tax attorney with a large international Chicago-based law firm where she was responsible for advising taxpayers on U.S. tax consequences of international transactions, including entry into foreign markets; operational tax exposures (deferral analysis, foreign tax credits, double tax treaties, etc.); and exit strategies (repatriations and dispositions of equity interests and assets).
Elena also worked as a tax attorney in Russia with one of the Big Four and an international law firm where she advised U.S. and European multinationals on inbound Russian tax matters, including permanent establishment risks, treaty analysis, income taxation of Russian subsidiaries, VAT and other transfer taxes.
Elena is a frequent public speaker for BNA/CITE and various professional associations.
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois CPA Society, International Tax Committee
- Leading Edge Alliance (LEA), International Tax Committee
- Prime Global, International Tax Committee
- Professional Women’s Club of Chicago
- Moscow Committee of Chicago Sister Cities International
- Master of Laws, Northwestern University School of Law
- Juris Doctorate, Northwestern University School of Law
- Master’s Degree in Law, Moscow Institute of International Relations
- Master’s Degree in English and German, Moscow Teacher-Training University