Catherine Nocera, CPA, CISA, is a partner with significant experience directing large, complex and long-term engagements, including financial statement audits, financial management consulting engagements and systems-related engagements. Cathy often serves as the quality control partner on audits. She has extensive expertise assisting clients with implementing and complying with the Office of Management and Budget, Treasury, U.S. Government Accountability Office, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board methodologies and requirements.
Cathy possesses credit reform and budgetary expertise in audit and advisory capacities. In addition, she has experience in budget execution, accounting operations, financial reporting, and audit readiness and remediation. She has successfully assisted agencies in implementing business processes to achieve efficiencies and accuracy within federal financial management.
Cathy joined Sikich through the 2022 acquisition of Cotton & Company, a sophisticated leading organization in the local, state and federal government space.
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Accounting, Old Dominion University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)