Cassie Crist, CPA, is a partner on Sikich’s accounting and consulting services team with an emphasis in employee benefit plan audits. She has over 20 years of experience working intimately with her valued clients and auditing qualified employee benefit plans, ranging in size from $1 million to over $2 billion in total assets. Cassie’s expertise encompasses 401(k) profit sharing, defined benefit pension, money purchase, health and welfare, and employee stock ownership plans.
Cassie works closely with her clients to provide ongoing technical accounting research and consulting on issues related to qualified retirement plans. She also regularly leads internal staff trainings and is a frequent speaker and presenter at external accounting and employee benefit plan conferences.
Cassie is a native Hoosier and currently resides in Chicago with her husband. When she is not at work, Cassie enjoys traveling, golfing, spending time with family and friends, and following her beloved Green Bay Packers. Cassie is also an avid foodie and enjoys using her creative skills in her own kitchen and experiencing Chicago’s thriving restaurant scene.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), AICPA Enforcement Subcommittee (DOL) (2022-present)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS), ICPAS Employee Benefit Plan Conferences, Planning Committee Member (2021-present)
- Alzheimer’s Association Accounting Industry Leadership Council, Co-chair, Member (2020-present)
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business Management Science, Concentration in Accounting, Indiana University, Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Illinois, Texas