Brent P. DeMay, CPA, is a partner on Sikich’s accounting and consulting services team with an emphasis in employee benefit plan audits. Brent is experienced in auditing qualified retirement plans of various sizes sponsored by organizations across industries. He also oversees a national, dedicated employee benefit plan audit practice staffed with specialists and subject matter experts in the field.
Other recent experience includes supervising the annual audits of qualified retirement plans, including defined benefit pension plans, 401(k) profit sharing plans, money purchase plans and employee stock ownership plans. Brent provides technical consulting regarding employee benefit plan financial reporting and compliance matters. He also researches technical issues related to qualified retirement plans and consults with clients on a variety of plan qualification and administration issues.
Brent was born and raised in Rock Falls, Illinois and currently lives in Woodridge with his wife and dog. When he is not at work, Brent enjoys traveling, spending time with family and friends, attempting do-it-yourself home improvement projects, exercising and walking his dog. Amongst Brent’s favorite vacations was a trip to Southeast Asia where he visited Hong Kong and traveled throughout Cambodia.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Accounting, Auditing & Regulatory Update (AARU) Steering Committee
- Illinois CPA Society, Employee Benefits Committee (Committee Chairperson effective April 1, 2019)
- Illinois CPA Society, Employee Benefit Plan Content Advisory Committee
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Northern Illinois University
- Master of Accounting Science, Northern Illinois University
- PrimeGlobal Leadership Program (2015-2016)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)