2023 Higher education cfo forum
This year’s Higher Education CFO Forum featured open discussions and seminars with Sikich’s leading experts on GASB/FASB updates, campus security, cybersecurity and more. View the recordings, get in touch with the presenters, and more below!
Missed this year’s Forum?
Check out selected highlights from this year’s event in the videos below.
Video 1 Includes:
- How Modern is Your HR Technology?
- The Threat Assessment Team: A Key Factor in Keeping Your Campus Safe
Video 2 Includes:
- War Stories and Lessons Learned from Higher Ed Cybersecurity Breaches
- Practical Application of Unrelated Business Income Rules
- How Modern is Your HR Technology? This session will cover:
- Challenges with legacy HR Technology
- Benefits and capabilities of modern HR Technology
- The journey to a modern solution
- How to maximize your investment in a modern HR Technology
- Gary Humphrey, Managing Director, Human Capital Management and Payroll Consulting, and Ken Cranney, Partner, Human Capital Management and Payroll Consulting
- “The Threat Assessment Team: A Key Factor in Keeping Your Campus Safe.“ – Join us to gain a critical understanding of best practices in campus violence prevention including guidelines for establishing a multi-disciplinary threat assessment team, lessons learned from recent high profile campus incidents, field tested and practical advice for a comprehensive school threat assessment program and more!
- Matt Doherty, Managing Director, Workforce Risk Management Services
- “Break Out Sessions: Higher Education FASB/GAAP or GASB Update.“ – Each session will cover implementation issues and FAQs on recent pronouncements affecting higher education, as well as what’s on the horizon.
- GASB – Anthony Cervini, Partner-in-Charge, Government Services, and Fred Lantz, Director, Government Services
- FASB– Jennifer Casacchia, Director, Not-for-Profit and Higher Education Services
- Each session will also include a 20-30 minute presentation by Ray Krouse, Partner, Not-for-Profit and Higher Education Services, on “Common Single Audit Findings with Student Financial Aid and HEERF,” covering the most common findings auditors report on student financial aid, the higher education emergency relief funds programs and significant findings in the Single Audit Report.
- “War Stories and Lessons Learned from Higher Ed Cybersecurity Breaches.“ – This session will use examples from real-world breach investigations of colleges and universities to illustrate common IT security weaknesses and threat actor attack methods. It will also provide actionable guidance for improving an organization’s security posture and controlling cybersecurity spend through proactive IT risk management.
- Kevin Bong, Director of Cybersecurity Services, and Ken Squires, Director of Cybersecurity Services
- “Practical Application of Unrelated Business Income Rules.“ – During this discussion, our experts will provide reminders of basic tests to determine unrelated business income, examples of how to apply them, what to watch for with alternative investments and foreign reporting reminders.
- Jill Boyle, Director, Not-for-Profit Tax and Higher Education Services, Lesley Keller, Director, International Tax Services, and Heather Bonifas, Tax Manager.
Stay in the Know
Sign up to receive the latest on higher education from Sikich, and be notified about next year’s forum when the information becomes available!
Our 2023 Forum Presenters
Sikich LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.