Local governments are faced with many challenges, including the need to protect the agency from misconduct and misappropriation of funds by employees and vendors. The presentation will identify those areas in which local governments are more susceptible and the numerous fraud risks faced by agencies.
Join Sikich experts as they discuss the following topics:
- Identifying how fraud schemes are initially detected and the characteristics of employees most likely to commit financial misconduct;
- Common and emerging fraud schemes;
- The necessary elements of an effective internal control framework;
- Specific and effective internal controls to reduce the risk of fraud, waste, abuse and employee and vendor misconduct;
- Best practices for responding to a fraud incident.
1.0 hr Yellowbook CPE credit offered.